- The Brazen Demolition of the Corkman Irish Pub – What can we learn?
This heritage listed pub, formerly known as the Carlton Inn, was illegally demolished by developers over the weekend of 15/16 October.
- Queen Victoria Market Renewal – a Reflection
How will planning scheme amendments affect the development of the market site
- Planning Applications
- Planning Report
- Forward Planning Working Group update
This Working Group has continued on a plan for CRA. The second round of stakeholder consultations has been finished and analysis of the 3 data sets is underway.
REB and Carlton Gardens
- Project for the protection and promotion of the Royal Exhibition Building (REB) –Project Delivery Fails to Meet Community Expectations’
In 2012, Museum Victoria (MV) received a Federal Government grant of $20m to be used for the Royal Exhibition Building’s Protection and Promotion Project. There are concerns about the progress of this project.
- Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show – MIFGS Licence renewed
Council approved a new six year licence (2018 – 2023) subject to satisfactory completion of the 2017 event and all necessary approvals including the grant of a licence to use the Carlton Gardens. In October, CoRBA convened a meeting with the Director, Heritage Victoria (HV) to seek changes to the permit for the 2017 Show and thereafter.
- Homelessness Overview
The City of Melbourne is working hard to reduce homelessness in Melbourne. The Council’s role is as a coordination hub that also provides funding, research and information.
- Omotayo’s visa appeal
The appeal has met the criteria to be considered directly by the Minister for Immigration.
- Candidates Forum Carlton
Melbourne City Council Elections 2016
There was a wide range of issues presented but also some strong, recurring themes.
- The Newly Elected Councillors for the City of Melbourne
- Aboriginal Freedom Fighters Monument Opening
In 2012 the City of Melbourne committed to funding a public memorial to honour the Aboriginal men.
- At last – a Toy Library for Carlton
The toy library celebrated its official opening on Saturday 20 August. It’s a wonderful Carlton asset, and now being enjoyed by parents and children from far and wide.
- Newsflash October 2006
- Newsflash August 2006
- Newsflash June 2006
- Newsflash April 2006
- Newsflash February 2006
- Newsflash July 2004
- Newsflash June 2004
- Newsflash April 2004
- Newsflash February 2004
- Newsflash January 2004
- Newsflash December 2003
- Special Newsflash for November 2003 (Becton Decision)
- Newsflash September 2003 (PDF File)
- Newsflash August 2003
- Newsflash June 2003
- Newsflash April 2003
- Newsflash February 2003 ,
- Newsflash January 2003
- Extra Newsflash for December 2002 – Decision on amendment C20 (Height Limits)
- Newsflash December 2002