- King & Godfree: a rooftop ‘live music’ venue?
An innocuous-looking Planning Application posted on the windows of King & Godfree (cnr Lygon & Faraday Streets) in April, masked a major change in usage of the historic (1870) heritage-listed building.
Traffic, Transport & Parking
- East West link update
East West Link homes occupied
- Public transport funding
Substantial State funding, largely for new rail projects over the next four years.
- Surge in commercial and residential construction
More than 1420 serviced apartments or hotel rooms are under construction in inner Melbourne as our reputation as a tourism destination continues to grow. page 3
- Worthless’ real estate sale
House in Faraday Street saved at a mammoth six week long CRA battle at VCAT in 2003, now restored, sells for around $1.5
- Planning Applications
- Managing Residential Development Advisory Committee
During the last week of April, the CRA presented a submission to this Committee.
The CRA submission made extensive reference to the anomalies in these controls
VCAT Fees Review
The concept of VCAT providing low cost dispute resolution has been largely lost over the past 20 years.
Police Consultative Committee report
Topical IssuesCity of MelbourneCity Of Melbourne
City of Melbourne
- Election funding
The newly adopted guidelines encourage regular disclosure of donations of $500 and above, from April 2016 until after the election in October 2016. Donor information will be published on the Council website.
- Budget adopted
Its Executive Summary noted: “Through this plan the Council will ensure Melbourne is a vibrant inclusive place, well positioned to meet the opportunities and challenges of a growing city for decades to come.
- Walks in Carlton
Take a self guided walk through the local community
- Fascinating night tours of the Melbourne General Cemetery
For an interesting and educational experience, try the popular night tours of Melbourne General Cemetery.
- Carlton community history group
Be part of researching our history
- Congratulations to Readings for winning the Bookstore of the Year award at the 2016 London Book Fair International Excellence Awards!
- Some Carlton history
Carlton murder in dingy dark lane
- La Mama courtyard
The newly refurbished forecourt, made possible by a generous donation from Jeanne Pratt AC and The Pratt Foundation, was launched on 22 March
- Newsflash October 2006
- Newsflash August 2006
- Newsflash June 2006
- Newsflash April 2006
- Newsflash February 2006
- Newsflash July 2004
- Newsflash June 2004
- Newsflash April 2004
- Newsflash February 2004
- Newsflash January 2004
- Newsflash December 2003
- Special Newsflash for November 2003 (Becton Decision)
- Newsflash September 2003 (PDF File)
- Newsflash August 2003
- Newsflash June 2003
- Newsflash April 2003
- Newsflash February 2003 ,
- Newsflash January 2003
- Extra Newsflash for December 2002 – Decision on amendment C20 (Height Limits)
- Newsflash December 2002